Facilities Management skilled tradesmen may be hired to provide on campus construction and support the maintenance zones. With years of expertise, they are available to help create an effective and welcoming space for you, your employees, and your students.
Campus customers interested in hiring Construction Services should submit a project request. Questions about the services provided may be directed to Kelley Sharp (575-5470) or Brett Crawford (575-7651).
- NEW in 2023 we implemented a Fixed Fee Program for power/data drops, TV brackets, marker board installations, and office repainting. Fixed-Fee Services are a subset of small renovation projects that can be initiated without the estimation process, prices are posted on the FAMA Rates and Fees Schedule.
Construction Shops Services
The construction services team of skilled professionals consists of a carpentry, electric, environmental compliance, labor, paint, and plumbing shop. Construction shops are funded by the requesting campus customer's discretionary funds budget and offer an extensive list of services.
- General carpentry, construction including framing and the installation of drywall
- Ceilings including lay in tile, hidden spline, drywall, and plaster
- Roof installation, repair and replacement
- Cabinetry services including custom wall and base cabinets, furniture and fixtures, wall paneling, etc.
- Floor covering installation, repair, and replacement including carpet, wood, composition, and ceramic surfaces
- Locks and keys installation, changes, or repairs
- Installation, repair, and replacement of doors, door closers, windows, and related accessories
- Concrete and brick masonry services including original construction, repairs, and tuck pointing
- Installation and maintenance of general secondary wiring for electrical and panel boxes, signals, lighting fixtures, and final connections
- Installation and maintenance of fire alarm systems, smoke detectors, and related services
- Installation and maintenance of security systems.
- Installation and maintenance of DSX and GE card access systems
- Installation and fusion splicing of fiber optic systems
- Computer network wiring installation and related services
- General testing, inspection services, trouble shooting, repair and upgrade existing systems, and recommendations
- Repair and overhaul most electrical motors and non-automotive generators
- Asbestos and abatement services
- Piping insulation services
- Maintenance of campus asbestos location database and files
- Assist the Campus Hazardous Materials Response Team
- General labor and heavy equipment operation services campus-wide
- Licensed drivers for departmental heavy equipment, large truck fleet and campus rental fleet
- Moving equipment, furnishings, and accessories for campus departments available for hire
- Transport and install road barricades, signs, and shoulder flagging available for hire during major campus events
- Prepare gypsum board partitions including taping and floating in preparation for staff personnel to paint, apply custom texture, or wall coverings of all types
- Prepares and installs traffic control signage, crosswalk, and parking markings on campus streets and parking lots
- Prepares exterior building identification signs
- Prepares and installs interior signage, both painted and engraved
- Prepares banners and other forms of large notice information formats via the silk screen stencil cutting processes
- Prepares and installs signage for application to campus vehicles
- Prepares engraved custom awards such as trophies and plaques for the campus
- Maintains campus central natural gas distribution system
- Maintains and reads the campus gas and water meters
- Maintains the campus central water distribution system, the campus sanitary sewer system, storm sewer system, and installs new lines and connections as needed
- Sheet metal services capable of forming special need air conditioning duct work, gutters, metal flashing, and various custom and precision sheet metal work for the campus at large
- Welding services including gas, arc, Gas Tungsten Arc (TIG), brazing, and soldering services.
- Metal machining precision custom parts, with lathe and milling machines
- Repair water, sewer, and specialty delivery systems and related fixtures that are outside of the scope of the Facilities Management maintenance team
- Rough in and finish out services for new construction projects
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning services including testing and repairing existing and new HVAC systems. This includes control and balancing building ventilation, cool air, and heating delivery systems.
- Provide maintenance, repair, and installation of equipment such as refrigerators, cooling chambers, ice machines, growth chambers and other equipment not part of the building proper